2012 The Firstborn Shiraz
Our interest in the sustainable farming methods of organic and biodynamic viticulture moved us to name our Angaston vineyard Threefold Farm after the first farm in the New World to employ such techniques (in NY State in the 1920’s).
Threefold Farm is a unique vineyard site at the lower slopes of the Eastern Range in the Barossa Valley, South Australia and is planted to the Barossa’s three most notable varieties Shiraz, Grenache and Mataro.
The property is also home to my wife Susanna and I, and our three offspring after whom each respective planted variety is affectionately named; Hugo’s Shiraz is ‘The Firstborn’, Rupert’s Grenache is ‘Whiskers’ and Anne’s Mataro is ‘Missy Moo’.
- 94 Points - Tyson Stelzer (Vintage 2012)
- 92 Points (Finalist) - Wine Australia Ultimate Wine Challenge, 2014 (Vintage 2012)
- 92 Points - Wine Showcase, 2014 (Vintage 2012)
- 91 Points - James Halliday (Vintage 2012)
- 90 Points - Stephen Tanzer International Wine Cellar, 2014 (Vintage 2012)
- Gold Medal - Vienna International Wine Challenge, 2014 (Vintage 2012)