The Wombat General Hand Picked Riesling
Brothers Michael and Graeme Fechner are The Wombat General. This wine embodies the brothers’ passion for the Eden Valley vineyard from which this wine is made, and honours their commitment to continuing their family’s legacy of six generations of grape growing. This commitment has required both men to make their sacrifices. Upon the advent of the declining health of their mother, during tough times in the Australian wine industry, eldest brother Graeme abandoned his dreams of becoming a helicopter pilot, leaving Duntroon as a young cadet to take up the post of General in the family’s grape growing business. During those years, Michael supplemented the family’s income building dams, and soon earned the nickname Wombat when his absence was explained by the fact he was “out digging holes”. As you enjoy this wine with friends or family, be sure to raise a glass to passion, commitment, and to The Wombat General!
- 95 Points - James Halliday (Vintage 2015)
- 91 Points - James Halliday (Vintage 2014)
- Gold Medal - Royal Adelaide Wine Show, 2013 (Vintage 2013)
- Silver Medal - Barossa Wine Show, 2013 (Vintage 2013)
- Gold Medal - Royal Adelaide Wine Show, 2012 (Vintage 2012)
- 93 Points - James Halliday (Vintage 2012)